1. Must be a degree-seeking senior, high school student enrolled in the first 2020 fall /spring semester of College.
2. Essay of 5 paragraphs, 500 words minimum, 1000 words maximum, Typed double-spaced providing details (please choose topic A or B).
A) How has substance use disorder (drug addiction/alcohol addiction) affected the Urban communities and families?
B) How has Substance Use Disorder (drug addiction/alcohol addiction) affected your life whether directly or indirectly?
3. The recipient will be granted with a check for the book(s) up to $150 per scholarship award.
4. Award Recipient must submit receipt(s) for the cost of the book(s), including taxes within the specified due date for reimbursement.
5. Award recipients are limited to one scholarship per student per academic year.
6. Award recipients must attend award ceremony or award will be forfeited and another award recipients will be chosen.
7. Award recipients will be given 1 ticket to bring a guest to the award ceremony. Additional tickets will have to be purchased.
8. Award recipients including any and all guests of award recipients attending the ceremony, agree to have photos and or videos taken during and for the presentation of the award ceremony.
9. Family members and guests of the award recipient will pay the full ticket price of $30.00
10. Students must be enrolled in a free or reduced lunch program.
11. Submit the application along with proof they are enrolled in the free or reduced lunch program and contact information to verify. Ex:(guidance counselor or principal’s name/phone/email)